Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Poem: Not Today

Not Today

Do not ask me to do today
that which needs not be done.
Expect me not to be so strong
that I may be your rock.
Not today, I need to rest.

Do not question me today
and expect an answer now.
Expect me not a know your mind
when I cannot know my own.
Not today, I need to rest.

Do not expect me today to know
what I knew but yesterday.
Tomorrow will be soon enough
or maybe another today.
Not today, I must to rest.

Do not push and do not scold
that I may be motivated.
Pushing myself I do now, as is,
and every day in turn.
Not today, I must rest.

Do not minimize or deny
what you do not understand.
I seek not to burden you
and earn your unrelenting scorn.
Not today, when I feel so alone.

Do not assume what you cannot see
or what you cannot know.
You are not here, never around
to catch me when I fall.
Not today, when I feel so alone.

Not today, when I need to rest.
Not today, when I must rest.
Not today, when I feel so alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment