Friday, May 11, 2018

A Conversation Caught in Passing

Setting: A coffee shop on a Tuesday afternoon, at the next table.

Woman A to her friend: You know, I really miss my cousin. I know that she says that she's a "shut in" but cummon now she could at least put in the effort to get herself together so that she could join us out for coffee like she used to do.

Woman B replies: Doesn't Sally have that chronic fatigue thing? I saw something about that on TV.

Woman A: Yeah, something like that. It's not as if she's a cripple even if she does sit in that wheelchair sometimes.

Woman B: I did not know about the wheelchair. She drives doesn't she?

Woman A: Nope. She used to, but like, she stopped so that she could get other people to drive her everywhere. Who has time for that?

Woman B: I dunno. Maybe one of us could pick her up for our coffee date. It's not like she lives that far from here. Or we could just meet at her place and bring drive thru for us and her too.

Woman A: Sally doesn't like it when I just drop by, even if she knows that I am coming by. She will not even be dressed and say that she feels too sick to visit. Besides I really hate going over to her place.

Woman B: Why's that?

Woman A: The dirt. You'd think that she could at least have a clean house being home all the time.

Woman B: I didn't know she was a slob. Is she a hoarder?

Woman A: Slob. Oh, the house looks tidy enough at first glance but there is grunge everywhere. Disgusting. She could at least hire a cleaning service. But she says that since she had to stop working she can't afford to hire anyone. I'm sure that she could get some sort of job if only she tried.

Woman B: I did not know that. Poor Sally.

Woman A: Yeah. I miss her, but I just don't want to deal with all her drama. Yikes.. the time! I gotta run.. bye...

Woman B: Bye. I think I'll give Sally a call and see if she would like me to drop by with coffee and cupcake.

1 comment: